I offer in-person services in the Seattle area, and virtual services globally. I am fully vaccinated and follow current CDC covid-19 guidelines. I am also very experienced and comfortable working with people virtually in video sessions.
Organizing is collaborative work where I act as a guide for making good decisions, and offer a range of design solutions. The client is the ultimate decision-maker on what’s kept and the system design. Here are the general steps I follow:
- Walk through the home to understand space options and current behaviors. Then we’ll map out preliminary ideas for where stuff should live and how we’ll go through the organizing work.
- Go through stuff to understand what you have. We’ll group like items into categories, identify what’s more or less important, and purge as desired (I can take donations).
- Design the system. We’ll discuss options for room layout and storage solutions based on frequency of use, size, function, available locations, and existing behaviors.
- Set up the system and finalize. We’ll choose a design direction, put items in place using what’s available in the home, adjust as needed, and then finalize with purchases and labeling as needed.
For moves I can help you decide what you keep and move with you (and I’ll take donations), pack in a methodical and logical way, and design systems in the new home and unpack accordingly.
I work with you to identify and understand your unique challenges, and then provide specific techniques and behavioral changes to help you be more effective and improve your mindset towards productivity challenges. In the coaching process we:
- Discuss what you want to achieve, why, and how. We discuss your goals and then review your calendar, to do lists, etc. to understand what’s going on. We review assessments to understand your preferences and style.
- Acknowledge and celebrate what’s working. An important first step is to understand what works today and keep doing those things. People tend to focus on what’s not working (due to our negativity bias), so this step is critical to building healthy habits and mindsets.
- Identify challenges and define preliminary strategies. Then we focus on what isn’t working, and identify tools and strategies to try out in order to build new behaviors.
- Practice techniques, troubleshoot, and evolve strategies. In following sessions we discuss what’s been going on, recognize accomplishments, troubleshoot challenges, and revisit strategies to adjust as needed.
Education is a big part of this process. I share tips and techniques while working together, to help adjust behaviors to help people stay organized. I am also big on documentation. I send an email after each work session to summarize where we are and actions. I keep a document of organizing tasks for each client, and share this document so we both know the tasks and resources.
I quote specific prices based on project length and complexity. If you’re interested in working together I set up a video call for us to meet, discuss the project, and see if there’s alignment with my offerings. After that call I provide a proposal that includes the project description, scheduling, and fees.
Below are three ways we can work together. Please use the contact form to get information about how I can best support you.